Services offered in Expert Joint Care Clinic are:
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of ligaments (ACL, PCL)
- Repair and reconstruction of LCL, PLC, MCL and ALL
- Arthroscopic repair of ACL and PCL bony avulsions (where ligament comes off bone with a small chip of bone)
- Complex meniscus repair including repair for root tears
- Cartilage repair and regenerative procedures like ACI (Autologous chondrocyte implantation)
- Bony realignment procedures for bow legs, knock knees
- Surgeries for patella (knee cap) instability – MPFL reconstruction, bony realignment procedures etc.
- Knee joint preservation for early osteoarthritis- Delay or obviate the need for total knee replacement.
- Stage wise and step-by-step treatment for knee dislocation- for quick and effective rehabilitation.
- Arthroscopic treatment for fractures inside the knee joint for accurate fracture reduction.
There are 4 ligaments in the knee, which provide stability:
- The Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL) and
- Lateral collateral ligament (LCL).
These ligaments connect the thigh-bone (femur) to the leg-bone (tibia) and provide stability and movement to the knee.
They can be injured in road accidents, twisting injuries during various sports, fall from heights, twisting injuries in routine life etc.